EuroScience Open Forum 2020 (ESOF2020)
Created by EuroScience, ESOF – EuroScience Open Forum – is the biennial pan-European meeting dedicated to scientific research and innovation. The ESOF2020 event to be held in Trieste in Italy, between 5-9 July 2020 will bring 4,500 leading thinkers, innovators, policy makers, journalists and educators from more than 90 countries, to discuss current and future breakthroughs in contemporary science. ESOF2020 will be an opportunity to discuss the socio-cultural and economic implications and impacts of scientific revolutions from regional, national, European and global perspectives.
ESOF is one of the best opportunities for everyone from leading scientists, early careers researchers, business people, policy makers, science and technology communicators to the general public to come together to find out more about how science is helping us advance today.
The University of Zurich in collaboration with EuroScience have opened a call for funding to cover young researchers’ cost of travel, registration, and accommodation to attend ESOF2020 in Trieste, Italy.
PhD candidates and early postdocs from the University of Zurich who are proficient in English are eligible to apply. You need to be below the age of 35 to apply. Postdocs need to have completed their dissertation within the last two years.
Please send your complete application, consisting of your CV and a short letter of motivation (maximum one page), in one single PDF file and in English no later than 14 December 2019, 23:59 CET, to Dr. Claudine Leysinger.
Obligation of Grantees
- Grantees must confirm by email to email@example.com that they accept the funding.
- Once ESOF2020 has ended, grantees ought to draft a report (max 2 pages) with their personal impressions and a list of sessions they visited.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- The registration, travel and accommodation expenses concerning the ESOF2020 will be reimbursed by Graduate Campus of the University of Zurich on presentation of receipts up to a maximum total of 900€ per grantee.
- All expenses covered must be accounted for in the claim form issued by Graduate Campus.